Pages

12 August 2008

Thirty, Skype & Soccer

I (john) just turned 30 on Sunday. Everyone keeps asking me what it feels like to be in my thirties now...but I just don't have an answer. I guess that becoming a father this year on top of moving to another country to plant a church in a month and a half sort of makes my age seem insignificant. I just hope that everything I was "supposed" to learn in my twenties sticks, so that I don't have to go through the same lessons again in my thirties! We'll see...

Amanda and I were able to connect with Eric & Julia yesterday over Skype, which was pretty fun. (If you haven't downloaded Skype yet, get on it!) It was good to see their faces and hear how things are going in Amsterdam. God is so good. They have already had opportunities to talk to people about Jesus, and I could just tell how energized they were from that. They have also secured an apartment, which is another gift from God. Not only is it located pretty close to where we were hoping, but they got a great deal on it. And it only took little over a week; they move in this coming Friday.

One last thing: the US and Dutch soccer teams drew on Sunday at the Olympics, 2-2. A bummer for everyone in the States and in Holland, as a win for either team would've been significant, but a pretty good deal for me! Seems like a perfect result for an American moving to Holland. Plus I think those Orange jerseys are pretty sweet.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails