Pages

18 August 2008

The Pershing Camp Picnic

Well, we just got back from another amazing annual Pershing Camp Picnic. Every year, since I (Amanda) was a kid, I've gone to this little rustic cabin in northeast Pennsylvania with all my family. When I was a kid, I'd spend my time jumping in the creek, catching crayfish (with my bare hands) and eating a LOT of candy. Now I don't jump in the creek, and I think I've turned into a total wimp cause I can't seem to catch a crayfish anymore, but I still ate a LOT of candy!

My family is a total blast. It has been amazing to go from being one of the little kids waiting for Grandma Ruth to bring the water guns to being one of the "grown ups". Now a new generation has arrived and it was such a sweet thing to see them enjoying the fun of the Camp Picnic with the amazement that I once had. Every year is so packed with precious moments. This year did not disappoint...we had lots of stories, crazy loud songs till 4am, 12 year olds learning to chop wood, Nancy's homemade whoopie pies, one great walk, 3 new babies, totally illegal fireworks, and I think we burned an entire cord of wood with our blazing campfire!

Best of all, I got to say goodbye to some of my dear family who are all wishing us well on our way to Amsterdam. I know it is a rare thing to stay connected with such extended family. I thank God for it. I can't wait to come back in two years and hopefully bring a few good stories to tell round the fire! Here's a few pictures to paint the picture. Enjoy.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails