Pages

23 July 2008

John 15:12,13

12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends.

I was minding my own business in Starbucks last night, innocently reading my Bible (because I'm an amazing Christian like that), when I was rudely interrupted by these two verses. Don't you hate it when that happens? All I wanted was to pound through a few chapters so that I could catch up in my "Bible-in-a-year" reading plan (a hopeless prospect)...but no.

I think that I'll let the verses speak for themselves. I was about to unpack why I felt like the Lord highlighted them to me, but I won't bore you - suffice it to say that they are now a part of a growing library of verses that God has used to speak directly to me in preparation for Amsterdam.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Jesus, for loving me...

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails