Pages

23 November 2008

The Reason...

So today I (Amanda) was contemplating the question we get a million times here. “Why are you here?” It’s a simple question that can be answered in so many ways…but today I was thinking about a reason I haven’t really gone into.My favorite lake - minus the snow I remembered that day in the snow by a lake at one of my favorite places in the world where I decided I wanted to get to know this person Jesus. It seemed like a harmless experiment at the time. I picked up a bible at the nearest Christian bookstore when I got home and started reading about the life of this person Jesus. I wasn’t prepared for what would happen after that. I met him…

I felt like I had finally come home after a long long time in a foreign country. I felt like I was finally myself. I felt hope that things were going to be made right…that Evil would not have the final say. I felt passion like I never had before. I felt that I found what I had always been looking for…even though I didn’t know I was lacking anything. I remembered the first time that I felt the thrill of emotions well up in my heart that I didn’t know I could feel. I remember feeling the shame of who I was when compared with this person I loved…so amazing, so beautiful, kind, full of grace and truth…the embodiment of everything right and good. And I remembered the feelings of shame wash away in His love and how overwhelmed I was as I contemplated the terrible and glorious sacrifice He made…for me…so I could know Him. And I realized today…that was my reason for being here. I have experienced something so amazing – and I cannot keep from connecting Jesus’ people back to Himself.

Paul writes in a letter to the church in Rome, "Who then shall separate us from the love of Christ?" His answer: "I'm absolutely convinced that nothing—nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable—absolutely nothing can get between us and God's love because of the way that Jesus our Master has embraced us."

I pray that we can be instruments of God’s love here. That we can share with people “the incredibly appealing person of Jesus”…that we can help the Church be who she was meant to be. With the grace of this God we follow…I have all the hope in the world.

1 comments:

Allie said...

This was beautiful to read!

Related Posts with Thumbnails