Pages

11 September 2008

The Calm Before the Storm

20 days until we move across the Atlantic.

Our last 14 days will be insane.

But for now we get to hang out in sunny Florida with family. Throwing kids around in a warm pool. Playing wii (guitar hero, mario cart, etc.). Taking naps. Eating amazing meals. Staying up late with my sister & brother-in-law talking politics and messing with our facebook pages together.

I'm incredibly grateful not only that we get a week to relax and have fun, but also that I got a chance to see my sister & her fam before we leave. We usually only get to see each other twice a year, which isn't a lot, but I can't imagine being apart from them for at least the next two years.

So until Tuesday when we fly home to Columbus, I'm just going to pretend that we don't have to say our goodbyes...

We're going to soak this up, because we have a load to do when we get home.

4 comments:

rachel joy baransi said...

nice action shot! HAVE A GREAT TIME :)

bc said...

hi my friends! looks like you're having a blast! I'm thinking of you a ton lately!! can't wait!! YEEEEE HAAAA!! as my dad would say!! It'll be fun once your here, over a cup of tea/coffee with a yummy cookie in hand as we ppl. watch out the window to thinking back over the past months of getting ready to leave and compare stories :) The good, the bad and the ugly!!
ta ta!
bc

Anonymous said...

Hi guys,

That pool looks awesome! Are you sure you want to come over here?

Bram

John and Amanda said...

Bram,

Pools are nice for about a week...but I think I'd rather sit at a cafe with a view of a canal year round!

Can't wait to see you and your family...only a week to go...

John

Related Posts with Thumbnails